For generations Shaker Heights residents have been enjoying the amenities at Thornton Park year-round. It features an outdoor swimming and tot pool, a sprayground, basket, volleyball and tennis courts, sledding hills, a fitness trail, skate park and an indoor ice rink, which is home to the Shaker Figure Skating Club, the Shaker Heights High School hockey team and Shaker Youth Hockey Association. Individual and group swimming and skating lessons are also offered.
- Hours: Hours vary during the different seasons
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking is available.
- Parking: Free lot
- Rink type: Indoor
- Skate sizes available: All sizes for children and adults
- Services: Classes, Leagues/competitions, Private instruction, Skate repair/sharpening
- Payment type: Day pass, Season pass
- Features: Athletic fields, Skating rink
- Services: Food/drink, Lockers, Restrooms, Showers
- Sports played: Basketball, Hockey, Swimming, Tennis
- Competition level: High school, Pee-Wee
- Genders: Men's, Women's