Five Shaker Heights High School students received honors from the Cleveland Clinic for their efforts in the 2012-2013 eXpressions Art Program.
Their artwork was based on scientific research for a program in which "students produce artistic interpretations of research conducted by Cleveland Clinic summer interns," according to the Clinic's website.
Here are the winners, as listed on Shaker's website:
- Pearl Ernat, Red Ribbon and $75 award for Chaos Order
- Tia Morrison, Red Ribbon and $75 award for May Cause
- Jack Reese, Blue Ribbon and $100 award for The Shakes
- Leighah Scully, White Ribbon and $50 award for Sugar
- Waverly Simmons, Blue Ribbon and $100 award for Lateral Spinal Cord
As part of their recognition, the students' artwork will be displayed at The Cleveland Museum of Art from Feb. 1 through March 24 during normal business hours. The students take art classes under the instruction of Karen DeMauro and Dan Whitely.