Patch is going to make it easy for you to keep abreast of the debate and the discussions in your community and neighboring towns.
- We’ll be hosting a live chat about the debate through CoveritLive, a web-based live-blogging tool, starting at 8 p.m. You’re invited to join the conversation!
- In Brecksville, Local Editor Rachel Abbey McCafferty will post live updates, photos and video from the Brecksville-Broadview Heights Democratic Club's private party.
- At evening's end, we'll conduct a flash opinion survey of our network of political influencers to get their thoughts on the debate and Local Editor Chris Mazzolini will report the results to you immediately.
- Patch is working with Huffington Post Live to provide pre- and post-debate reaction from our boots-on-the-ground editors, community leaders and local political experts in eight swing states -- including Ohio.
- In Cleveland Heights, Patch is partnering with Nighttown to host a Presidential Debate Watch Party, with large-screen TVs, free appetizers, games and drawings for prizes. More than 200 people have reserved a spot so far for this special community event. Reservations are required, as space is limited. Call 216-795-0550 to make a reservation. A $5 cover will benefit the Cleveland Heights-University Heights Library.
Tonight's debate topic is domestic issues. The debate is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. and will be broadcast live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, as well as cable news channels, including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.
You can also watch the debates on The Voice of AOL. AOL, which is Patch's parent company, is part of a collaboration with the Commission on Presidential Debates that includes Google and Yahoo! The collaboration is dedicated to bringing voters information on the candidates and issues in the Nov. 6 election.
So join us! And let the debates begin!