- Organization: Shaker Arts Council
- Causes: Civic
- Date(s): Saturday and Sunday, June 16 and 17
- Website: shakeronline.com/news-a-events/shaker-heights-arts-a-music…
The Festival returns to Farnsleigh Road, between Van Aken and Warrensville, for a street fair with arts, music, food, and fun. The Festival, which made its debut in 2010, is a collaborative event sponsored by the City of Shaker Heights, the Shaker Heights Arts Council and the Ohio Designer Craftsmen. The festival runs from 10 am to 10 pm on Saturday and from 11 am to 5 pm on Sunday.Volunteers are needed for the following activities:
- Set Up: Friday, June 15, 10am-2pm & Saturday, June 16, 8:30am-10pm
- Take Down: Sunday, June 17 at 5pm
- Welcome Gate: Staffed during Festival Hours
Location: Farnsleigh and Warrensville, Van Aken and Farnsleigh;
Duties: Greet guests, pass out programs containing artist booth locations, entertainment schedule, community activity participants, and other pertinent information.
- Artist Booth Sitters: Saturday 10am-10 pm & Sunday 11am-5pm
Duties: Rotate to different vendor booths to relieve artists for 15 minute breaks.
- Shaker Arts Council Booth: Satuday 10am-10pm & Sunday 11am-5pm
Duties: Greet visitors, assist with volunteer check in, keep an e-mail list of visitors who would like to be notified of upcoming SHAC events. Pass out programs and SHAC membership brochures. Sell water.
- Water Sales: Saturday 10am-8pm & Sunday 11am-5pm
Location: Craft show area.
- Wine & Beer Ticket Sales/Servers: Saturday 10am-10pm & Sunday 11am-5pm
Location: Beverage tent at east end of Farnsleigh.
Duties: Citizens Police Academy (CPA) will check ID's. Assist CPA with wrist bands for purchasers of alcohol. Serve beverages. A cash box will be provided (cash only for beer or wine ($5) and bottled water ($1).
To volunteer, visit the above website and sign up wiht the online form. Thank you!